Zeeb Family Forums, aka. Bulletin Boards, are provided as a way for site members to interact with each other. The primary Forum is the Genealogy Forum where people interested in the Zeeb Family genealogy can ask questions and share research.
You do not have to register on the Zeeb Family website to use the Forums. The Forums have their own registration process which you will see when you enter the Forum. You can access the Forum as a guest without registering, however, what you can do on the Forum will be restricted.
We use phpBB as our Forum software. You can access the phpBB software documentation by clicking here.
Please read the Forum Rules below before using the Forums.
Click here to enter the Forums.
These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members and guests of the Zeeb Family user forums. They have been compiled and are revised regularly by the Forum Team and should be adhered to by everyone.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are encouraged to bring it to the attention of a member of the Admin/Moderator Team. Please use the forum "post report" feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly "act" as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link-to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Getting a TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- Members are asked to not disclose to any 3rd party, board, or list any vulnerabilities in phpBB, or sub-projects developed by phpBB (e.g. the Support Toolkit or Style), before first notifying the developers. You should email all finds to our or webmaster at email@example.com. Time should be allowed for us, at least 3 working days wherever possible, to respond.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging privileges.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of normal sized text OR a single image that is no more than 60px high, 468px wide, 10KiB (10240 bytes) in size and one line of small sized text. The font size of signatures should be normal or small only.
- Signatures containing an image of 30px in height may include up to two lines of normal sized text or three lines of small sized text. Images 15px or below in height may contain up to three lines of normal sized text or four lines of small sized text.
- Content in signatures should be consistent with normal writing and abide by the general forum etiquette. You may not include hidden text or links or information that suggests you offer official support for phpBB.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of 5* links. You may not link to warez, pornographic, racist or other similar extremist sites.
*Zeeb.com Team members and users affiliated with the development and maintenance of these Forums are allowed further additional links to aid support of the product.
- Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. Animated images are not permitted.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their signature privileges revoked.
- Avatars should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and should not exceed 10KiB (10240 bytes) in size.
- Avatars must not contain animation or include graphics which attempt to portray the ranks or avatars of Zeeb.com Team Members. Users are permitted to utilize an avatar from the phpBB.com gallery or link externally to one of their own.
- Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected.
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to the general forum etiquette.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their avatar privileges revoked.
- Zeeb.com operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Site Admin or Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they will remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Zeeb.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.